Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2) provides customers with the latest updates to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. Published on 4/24/2009, this update includes two types of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
- In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, performance, and security.
- You can find out more information in Knowledge Base Article 953338 from Microsoft, where product-specific changes are described.
- All of the Public Updates, Security Updates, Cumulative Updates, and Hotfixes released through February 2009.
Some big areas of the improvements that the Windows SharePoint Services team wanted to highlight:
- Faster, more reliable content migration and data backup and restore
- Reduced memory consumption
- Smoother upgrade experience
- Significant database performance adjustments
- Updated integration for forms authentication
- Advanced permission management
- Helpful administrative tools
- Expanded browser compatibility
WebhostforASP.NET servers are ready for this update and we have tested in some of our servers. Windows sharepoint service will be more faster and reliable than ever. For existing client, they could ask our support through chat session or ticketing for more details on this feature. You could access our sharepoint hosting page for more explanation : http://webhostforasp.net/sharepoint3hosting.aspx .