Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is a versatile technology that organizations and business units of all sizes can use to increase the efficiency of business processes and improve team productivity. With tools for collaboration that help people stay connected across organizational and geographic boundaries, Windows SharePoint Services gives people access to information they need.
Windows Sharepoint Services (WSS) includes several major components:
- An underlying framework including an object model, persistent storage of content and configuration in SQL server databases, and ASP.NET controls for presenting the content
- A management web site for managing a “web farm” consisting of one or more servers hosting one or more web sites
- Built in template sites and pages that can be used to quickly create your own sites and add pages and libraries to existing sites
- Site editing web controls that allow you to edit the structure of your web site, modify the layout and contents of individual pages, create new workspaces and lists, and edit the schema of existing objects
- An indexer that crawls content databases indexing their contents for fast searching
- A collection of additional template sites and pages, including additional logic in code, known as “Application Templates”
- A configuration wizard that helps you get an initial site set up within minutes
Collaborate Easily and Effectively
Windows SharePoint Services helps teams stay connected and productive by providing easy access to the people, documents, and information they need to make more informed decisions and get the job done. Enhancements in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 make it easier than ever to share documents, track tasks, use e-mail efficiently and effectively, and share ideas and information.
- Provide a single workspace for teams to coordinate schedules, organize documents, and participate in discussions—within the organization and over the extranet.
- Easily author and manage documents, and help to ensure their integrity with enhanced features including the option to require document checkout before editing, the ability to view past revisions and restore to previous versions, and the ability to set document-specific security.
- Help people and teams stay on task with a variety of communication features that let users know when actions are required or important changes are made to existing information or documentation, including announcements, sophisticated alerts, surveys, and discussion boards.
- Provide creative forums for brainstorming ideas, building knowledge bases, or simply gathering information in an easy-to-edit format with new templates for implementing blogs (also known as weblogs) and wikis (Web sites that can be quickly edited by team members—no special technical knowledge required).
- Stay productive while mobile with enhanced support for offline synchronization through Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 that users can use to manage document libraries, lists, calendars, contacts, tasks, and discussion boards even offline, and to synchronize changes when reconnected to the network.
WebhostforASP.NET completely support sharepoint hosting for all their clients. They support Windows Sharepoint Service 3.0 service pack 2. The latest version of Windows Sharepoint Service edition. We will help our client for the sharepoint parts and templates installation. WebhostforASP.NET is your right partner to enter the sharepoint world. Please check this link for further information http://www.webhostforasp.net/Sharepoint-Hosting.aspx