WordPress is the best CMS you can use to build a very simple website. It doesn’t require a lot of knowledge about programming and all the stuff.
The followings are the steps and basic tips on how to build a website with WordPress:
1. Install WordPress step by step.
2. Download some necessary plugins, such as WordPress super cache, site stats, anti spamming, Google XML site map and more.
3. Download a WordPress theme with header images, so that you can make your header image and upload the header image to sever. There is a lot of choices for WordPress template and most of it is free. We choose the WordPress them with header image so we can change it with our own header image.
5. Create a static page as your index page, it is another difference from a blog, this page is very important, because you are building a website but not a blog.
6. Set a type of permanent link, just change the default set to a custom set. There are three custom choices: day the name, month and name, numeric, choose one that you like.
Just make some simple changes and you can build a website with WordPress. WebhostforASP.NET support WordPress at all of our Hosting plan, just signup with us and you can start to build your own website with WordPress!