Moodle is a software package for producing Internet-based courses and web sites. It is a global development project designed to support a social constructionist framework of education.
Moodle is provided freely as Open Source software (under the GNU Public License). Basically this means Moodle is copyrighted, but that you have additional freedoms. You are allowed to copy, use and modify Moodle provided that you agree to: provide the source to others; not modify or remove the original license and copyrights, and apply this same license to any derivative work. Read the license for full details and please contact the copyright holder directly if you have any questions.More
There are several steps you need to take when you want to have your own website. Here are the three (3) basic steps of having your own website : create a website, get a web hosting service (including a domain name) for it and uploading all the web files using FTP client. These three steps will make you have a website published at your own domain like www.yourdomain.com.
- Create a website First you have to create a website. Depending on your level on knowledge in web development you have the following options. Either you can create the site yourself through manual programming in an editor program like DreamWeaver, EditPlus or Notepad.
We have provided MSSQL 2008 database for all of our plans including the Personal Plan, We support 1 MSSQL database with 100 MB quota for the Personal Plan.More
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is a versatile technology that organizations and business units of all sizes can use to increase the efficiency of business processes and improve team productivity. With tools for collaboration that help people stay connected across organizational and geographic boundaries, Windows SharePoint Services gives people access to information they need.
Windows Sharepoint Services (WSS) includes several major components:
- An underlying framework including an object model, persistent storage of content and configuration in SQL server databases, and ASP.NET controls for presenting the content
- A management web site for managing a “web farm” consisting of one or more servers hosting one or more web sites
- Built in template sites and pages that can be used to quickly create your own sites and add pages and libraries to existing sites
- Site editing web controls that allow you to edit the structure of your web site, modify the layout and contents of individual pages, create new workspaces and lists, and edit the schema of existing objects
- An indexer that crawls content databases indexing their contents for fast searching
- A collection of additional template sites and pages, including additional logic in code, known as “Application Templates”
- A configuration wizard that helps you get an initial site set up within minutes
Collaborate Easily and Effectively
Windows SharePoint Services helps teams stay connected and productive by providing easy access to the people, documents, and information they need to make more informed decisions and get the job done.More
The internet business is one that is quite interesting because of the various dynamics going on in the business simultaneously with each other. There are so many people interested in so many things when it comes to the best web hosting that quite often so many people really don’t focus on any one aspect in order to achieve the results that they want. A very good example of this is in the case of web hosting. Words like top, best, great, good and other descriptive terms are the words that tend to be used in terms of discussing web hosting, rather than very objective statistics that actually show the worthiness of a particular web hosting website.More
Great SEO Tools take advantage of your normal working methods to give you an added edge. They’re non-intrusive but great in terms of improving your search engine rankings. One such tool is the blog.
You can look at a blog from several perspectives. For most people, it is just a simple self-expression method, others see it as a discussion forum. However, if you look at a blog not only as all of the above but also as a SEO tool, your handling of the blog will change. How you write your posts will change.How you think about your blog will change.More
The Microsoft URL Rewrite Module for IIS 7.0 provides flexible rules-based rewrite engine that can be used to perform broad spectrum of URL manipulation tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Enabling user friendly and search engine friendly URL with dynamic web applications;
- Rewriting URL’s based on HTTP headers and server variables;
- Web site content handling;
- Controlling access to web site content based on URL segments or request metadata
The Microsoft URL rewrite module includes these key features:
- Rules-based URL rewriting engine.
Whether you’re an expert or just getting started, building standards-based Web sites is faster and easier with Microsoft Expression Web 3.
What’s new in Expression Web 3
Expression Web provides new tools to make sure that the pages in your site work in multiple browsers.
Using SuperPreview, you can preview and compare pages simultaneously in multiple browsers, even in multiple versions of Internet Explorer. You can also compare browser views against a comprehensive mock-up (“comp”) image.
You can select individual elements within a page and see details about each selected element, helping you quickly find and fix cross-browser layout and positioning errors.More
Search engines rely heavily on links from other web pages to rank pages. This is understandable, since if search engines were to rely only on web page copy, it would be too easy to manipulate results. Inbound links from quality sites are more difficult to get and take time. Precisely for this reason, they carry significant weight.
Good ways to build links:
Getting listed in quality directories
Since good directories use qualified human editors who choose listed sites very carefully using strict criteria, and place them in tightly focused categories, they are given significant weight in search engine algorithms.More
Starting and operating an Internet business is surprisingly similar to operating any other business. Good business practices, like building the confidence of customers through truthful advertising, providing products and services at a fair price, and developing long-term business relationships, are as applicable to Internet businesses as they are to any other businesses.
The Idea and Start-up Plans
This is the most important step of all! Without a good concept, a good product, good services or good content, anything else you do is a waste of time. So what should you look for here?
If you already have a business off the Internet (in the “real world”), this is the logical place to start.More